Mountain Plain Mountain
Daniel Jacoby, Yu Araki
Sounds and rhythms take centre stage in this observational documentary on Ban’ei, a rare kind of draught-horse race that only takes place in Obihiro, Japan.
Daniel Jacoby (1985, Lima) graduated in fine arts from the University of Barcelona and the Städelschule in Frankfurt. His work has been exhibited at the Fundació Joan Miró (Barcelona), CRAC Alsace (Altkirch), EYE Film Institute (Amsterdam), The Banff Centre (Alberta), Kunsthal Chalottenborg (Copenhagen), and Palais de Tokyo (Paris), among others.
Yu Araki (1985, Yamagata) received his Bachelor of Fine Arts in Sculpture from Washington University in St. Louis and completed his Master of Film and New Media Studies at Tokyo University of the Arts.
Jacoby and Araki met in 2010 during a residency at Tokyo Wonder Site. Mountain Plain Mountain is their first film made as a duo.
- Country Spain, Japan
- Year 2018
- Format Digital
- Running time 21 min
- Image Colour
- Language Japanese
- Subtitles Catalan, English
- Production company Fundació Joan Miró, Arts Council Tokyo, Mondriaan Fund
- Producer Daniel Jacoby, Yu Araki
- Photography Yu Araki, Daniel Jacoby
- Editor Yu Araki, Daniel Jacoby
- Music Liisa Hirsch
- Sound Yu Araki, Daniel Jacoby
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org